Sunday, January 29, 2012

When did I get so old?

I realized the other day that I am quite possibly halfway or almost halfway through my life. In addition, my husband just shared with me that he had a dream last night that he died. [Sidenote: this had to be a dream because neither of us is allowed to die before the kids are mostly moved out of the house.]. Anyway, it gets me to thinking. Why waste my time worrying about the insignificant crap of the daily grind. Granted, stuff has to get done. But what I really want to do is invest in being the wife and mama and, eventually, mother-in-law and grandmama that my family can count on. Worries be gone. Let Mama-awesomeness reign supreme!

3 comments:

  1. Woot!Woot! I am your first follower! I'm cool. Yes, I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I have a follower and it's the Secret Pepper
    Society! I'm beside myself.

    We were watching American Idol the other night. My youngest daughter, 8 yo Mini-Me, asked me if Jennifer Lopez was 20. I replied, "No, honey, she's the same age as me.". Her jaw dropped and her eyes were as wide as saucers. If I had gotten that on video, I'd have won $10,000 on America's Funniest Home videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how old Jennifer Lopez is but I'm sure I'm much older that her and you. We were at a school function when the Boy's teacher thanked all of the "parents and grandparents' for coming. The Boy announces to the crowd..."She's not my grandmother. She's my mother. She may be old but she's tough." Just call me Grambo.

      Delete