Sunday, February 5, 2012

I do wonder about that boy sometimes

My 11 year old, the Boy Wonder, is a piece of work. Most of us have priorities - work, family, school, recreation, and so on. And they rotate - you may focus on one thing now and another later. The Boy Wonder has one absolute top priority - play. All other activities are a distant - make that very distant - second. I doubt that he would starve himself. Though at 60 lbs, it seems that he stops only long enough to fuel up for the next round. Like a pitstop. He usually eats with one leg and buttcheek hanging off the chair.

After church and lunch today, we worked on our chicken coop, newly acquired from our neighbors who are moving into a gated community where farm animals are frowned upon. While my husband and I leveled the coop and the girls painted, the boys headed across the street to round up the chickens. Given what I know about the Boy Wonder, I shouldn't have been surprised when I turned around to find him smiling, holding a chicken, covered in mud and still wearing his Sunday clothes and church shoes. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment